About the Monkey Sites

Because I made it and Pedlar published it and now I wonder what do I do, I am thinking that I ought to be making something out of it.

So I’m making these three things to do with it:

1) monkeyanovel.com is a place where you can see the book and read a little excerpt from it.

2) monkeyreadings.com is a place where you can read about the readings that I’ve done, about what others think of it, about my writing it, about any other stuff related to it, and where (eventually) you can hear some samples of it read by me or by somebody else.

3) monkeytigersnake.com is where you can (eventually) see some art that is related to the story or the sense of it. This work will be done (eventually) by some amazing artists that I know.

The first one is a basic thing and it is up and there right now.

The second one right now monkeyreadings.com is the one that is most active now, even though it still is being worked on.

The third thing is a little bit more tricky, but it is exciting to be thinking about how it can be made into a thing that features art by people that I know and that I don’t know, interpreting and illustrating aspects of the Monkey novel.

This is particularly interesting to me because when I started Monkey I started it by thinking of it as a comic or a movie. And then I thought it might be good to make a little story first, and then the next thing that I knew, I was writing Monkey as a novel, and thinking about that, and writing it in a specific kind of way. (You can read a little bit about that at monkeyreadings.com )

But I started it by thinking that it would turn out to be a comic or a movie, and I still do like to think that it could turn out to be a comic or a movie in some way some time, and that is sort of what the monkeytigersnake.com site (which is not active yet) is really all about, and that is why it is exciting to me, as anything you dream about coming into being can be something that’s exciting when it starts to be something that actually is happening. But it isn’t happening quite yet. But I hope it will be coming soon.

In the meantime you can please go visit monkeyreadings.com where you can read what someone else has said about the novel, and about the way that it all started, and about a reading that recently I did. And soon I will be saying things about the three times that I launched it, Monkey, and why it happened in three cities and some thoughts about those cities too.