Interviews With Creative People

A little while ago I did some work for the Vancouver Film School (VFS). During my contract with them, I had a lot of great conversations with gifted instructors, industry mentors, talented designers, compositors, actors and animators, which were published anonymously on the main blog, and with my byline on the Game Design blog site Arcade and the Digital Design site oomph!. My last interview for VFS was with Yann Tremblay, which I posted a link to in my last post, along with the other two graduates of the Classical Animation program I posted links to in earlier posts, (Trent Noble and Andrew Overtoom), but there were some other memorable interviews with amazing people I'd like to mention, including:

Great Game Designers of the following games:

Plus these star individuals who are all involved in games:

  • Technical Level Designer Jeffrie Wu (Sleeping Dogs)
  • Mission Designer Cory Hasselbach and Narrative Director Armando Troisi, who both worked on Halo 4
  • Game Creative Director Brian Hayes (who was actually a Classical Animation grad, but ended up in Game Design working for Electronic Arts)
  • Saint's Row IV designer John Brunkhart (I was uncredited for this one)

I'm very grateful to all of them for their time and I enjoyed interviewing these talented people so much that I plan to keep doing it with other artists and entertainment figures on my own time.